Music I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 22, 2008


This morning was very cold...27 degrees that is...Gordon and I decided to go on a run down at the Piedmont Trail.  I have been running a little bit on the treadmill and once in the morning in our neighborhood trying to slowly get back to running after my injuries.  Well, I have always out ran Gordon...I loved the feeling, honestly!  I ran faster and further than him :).  Today, it was the complete opposite.  I feel like I lost my "mojo".  How fast your endurance is gone once you stop running.  It has been four weeks and I feel like I am starting from phase 1 again.  I do not want phase 1;  I hated phase 1 and I complained about it and it hurt and i never thought I would outgrow that phase.  My legs felt heavy, I had a side ache that would not go away, and Gordon ran faster than me and I could not keep up.....DARN HIM!  Gordon doesn't know, but secretly I wanted to cry on the trail.  OK...I shed a couple tears...  BUT, you know me...I am a fighter and stubborn, so I will come back again running the trails and hating it until I outgrow phase 1 again.  I am a lot smarter this time around with extra stretching and not pushing it.  I also know I need to whack 15 pounds off of me to prevent more injuries to my knees and hips.  Anyone offering FREE liposuction?  Well...sob story, I know...but I needed to add another blog to our site that I created and have not maintained very well.  

4 comments:

  1. Hey Leesa!! I love your blog! I have not had enough nerve to start a blog... actually I did a few years ago as a way to inspire Chelsie to write, but it didn't last very long. I should go see if it is still there. ANYWAY (got sidetracked, sorry)... I love the way you write... it's like having a conversation with you (or at least eavesdropping on a conversation with you). And I'm sorry about the hard run yesterday. But, I LOVE the picture you posted of the trail.. is that really a trail you run on? It's beautiful and it makes me think... HEY, I can run on one of those. Please don't lose your mojo enough to train for February... I really want to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog. We have one too! thesevenmowers.blogspot.com! Its addicting, so watch out! Fun to see how your family has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leesa. I feel your pain.

    You do kind of have to start at phase 1 again, but it is much shorter this time around.

    We are both coming off injuries and going through the same frustrations.

    So cannot wait to see you this weekend.

    -dede

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers