Music I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year 2009

I cannot believe how fast each year is flying  by now a days....I now know what my Grandma Minnie meant when she said time flies by faster each year....I am excited for a new year though....I hope there will be lots of adventures and what not.  One exciting event is Gordon's and my 17th wedding anniversary!  I believe we are taking off this year and getting away!!!  Yeah!!!  Last year we went to Hilton Head Island and Savannah, GA....that was the first time we actually went away. I am still wondering where we will go this time, it will be exciting to find out (I think Gordon will surprise me!!!).  I am so blessed and grateful to have a wonderful husband who adores me.  Even after 17 years, we are still madly in love with each other :) Another thing Gordon and I have never done is have professional pictures taken of us....Gordon had me get pictures taken of me when I was almost due with Levi just to capture the moment of being pregnant since he was our last one.  I will love seeing those!

Jeffrey turns 16 this year and will get his license; I know that will help me out a lot with all the driving. I still cannot believe in two years he will be done with high school; where does time go; then he will be off to college and then on a mission.  I just want to cry, but I know this is what he needs to do and I will smile wide just knowing he is doing the right thing.  The other kids are close behind....I am excited to see how each of them grow this year.  

Perhaps I will get started on taking some college courses.  I am itching to go to work and experience my second dream (first was being a wife and mom).  Some interests for me are physician assistance school, nursing, or sonography.  Each one interests me and we will just see where life takes me.  Once Levi is in K, I can go full  force and then be able to help out with college tuitions and all.   

I am excited to continue my running and weight lifting workouts.  I am determined to be as fit or more fit than I was in high school this year.  I have a 1/2 marathon on Valentine's Day with my dear friend, Devon.  I am sooooo excited for that.  I also want to master the 1/2 and compete at the end of the year for the 1/2 here on the trails....the same race I did last year when two other friends and me split the marathon.  That will give me a goal to work towards.  

Gordon's job with Merck is secure as he survived all the lay offs going on; we will see where his careers takes him as well this year.  

Other than that, I have a few decorating ideas up my sleeves now knowing we took our house off the market and plan to stay put!!!  I will post pictures once the projects are complete. 

Happy Times.....

1 comment:

  1. 2009 is going to ROCK! You have the most positive, upbeat outlook on life and you are so inspiring! I don't know how you do it all, Leesa, but just like the 1/2 we are going to do in a few weeks (GASP), I will do my best to keep up and when I can't, I will be cheering you on from behind :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers