Music I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Family picture attempts



This time of the year makes me cringe...that is, at taking pictures of my GIGANTIC family!  Not only do I need to think what will everyone wear, but does everyone have the same color.  The answer is always NO...so we usually choose two colors....this year it is black and white.  There was a bit of pressure this year on the photo as last year seemed to bring in lots of comments: 


Our kids' dentist has the photo up and he tells us not one day goes by without someone commenting on the photo and how awesome it looks.  The photo was taken of us laying on the ground in our front yard on an incline...the camera was looking down at us; it was still fall time and great colors.  Anyhow...it was a hit and everyone loved it.  This year may not be as exciting, but at least they are closer shots of our faces to see how the kids have grown and, of course, how Gordon and I have aged raising 7 kids....ugh!  We took many attempts and my idea was to get a photo of all of use holding each other....showing the love we have in our home. 




Well, it was Gordon's idea to send the one where I am making an impatient look at him, Meredith is sticking out her tongue, and the other kids looks depressed...he said, "Let's show them how much love we REALLY have in our family." So funny!


Now it is hard to pick the right one as we now have the kids' commenting on the photos and you all who have teenagers know how critical they are of themselves.....Well, I will just get some of each and everyone will be happy!!! So, here is to our 2008 Family Pic....Merry Christmas! 

6 comments:

  1. HMMM...somehow I lost the first comment I wrote. Anyway, I love your family pictures. I definately agree that it is stressful to take family pictures, all the "smile", "look at the camera", "stand up straight", "stop goofing around"! And the outfits...I said we would just develop our picture in black and white so it wouldn't matter and then the colors are so vivid and nice I keep changing my mind.

    I loved reading about how you and Gordon met. It is fun to catch up on your life between high school and now. I will try to do the same.

    Merry Christmas, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the advice from Elder Wirthlin's mother, "come what may, and love it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah -- my favorite one is of you looking annoyed! What a riot!! I hate Christmas picture time, too, but only because we've never had one turn out as amazing as yours! The lighting is perfect in these -- I can't believe you all took them on your own!! This year we did decide to change ours to black and white. The sun was in a wierd place when we too our pictures so in color, we are glowing :) I love the picture you decided on -- I bet it was really hard to choose! Beautiful family, Leesa... can't wait to meet them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devon, I wish February will hurry up and get here as I am SOOOO excited to see you...but on the other hand I hope it does not come too fast as I need some more time to build up to 13.1 miles again :).....will you be bringing your family?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leesa! It was good to run into you and Levi the other day! When you asked if I saw all your pics on the blog I said yes, thinking of the family pics. I had some catching up to do!!! Looks like the get together it was a lot of fun, sorry we missed it! I will try to keep up on your blog better!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leesa! I didn't even know you had a blog, but I'm glad I found you. How are you guys doing? How was your Christmas? Tell the kids hi for us!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers