Music I Love


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We gave our kids' their names because.....

OK...here is to another great blog idea from my friend Devon!  Thanks Devon....before I know it, with your help, I will have an ongoing successful blogging site!!!  This is great journaling!

Why did we give each of our kids their names...let me see if I can remember:

Jeffrey:  It was between Jeremy and Jeffrey and he looked like a Jeffrey...strong masculine name that we both liked.  Gave him the middle name of Robert after Gordon's father.  Come to find out, we forgot Gordon has an older cousin whose name is also Jeffrey Robert.  Our Jeffrey and cousin Jeffrey met several years ago and that was a neat experience to see both of them admire their names.  

Nathaniel:  We had a list of names coming into the hospital, but none of them seemed to fit Nathaniel.  Gordon went down to the gift shop and purchased a baby name book...we searched through the whole book and after two days we found the name, Nathaniel, and we both loved it and gave him that name...Grandma Virginia said his name was bigger than him!  Gave him his middle name of Loren after my father.

Hannah:  I have always loved the name Hannah and I believe it is my great-grandmother or great, great-grandmother's name....so a family name for her.  Her middle name was kind of tough.  I wanted Marie after my Grandma Minnie Marie, but Gordon did not like that name, so we decided on Nicole as it sounded nice.

Jared:  Again, it is so hard to name boys!  It is so easy to come up with girl names....took us awhile again, but we have a thing for "j" names...we both liked the name Jared.  We gave him the middle name of Gordon after his Daddy.

Noelle:  Well, I bet you can guess why we named her Noelle.  Actually we had considered a lot of names that were very pretty and would have suited her well, but since she was due on Christmas (came on the 22nd) we were going to name her Paige Noelle....Gordon thought about it and really wanted her to be Noelle Paige, so that is what we named her.  Paige is just a pretty name I liked for a girl.

Meredith:  Another beautiful name I have always loved for a girl!  I choose this one before she was even born which is unusual because we never decided until after the baby was born.  We did not know she was a girl though but had not decided on a boy's name.  Funny thing is our OB's name was Mary and nurse who helped delivered was Marilyn, so they both got a kick out of us naming her Meredith...similar in name.  We gave her Amelia for her middle name because that is also a name I found in my geneology.

Levi:  It was between Broch, Broden or Levi....Gordon really liked Broch, but I held my ground in the end and said I wanted to name him Levi and since this was our last baby I kind of asked if I could name him.  If Levi was a girl the name would have been Annalise after me...Gordon wanted a baby named after me...so Leesa Ann backwards would have been Annalise.   We gave him the middle name of Jacob at first (another J name...) but Gordon came back the next morning and said he wanted to make sure this baby was named after me and we gave him the middle name of Bogart which is my maiden name.  

So, there you have it....how our kids received their names!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool!! I think it is so neat how you waited until you actually met (most of the them) the baby before you named them. I am way to anal... I had to know before I had them what I was gonna name them (well, you know... all TWO of them :). You have such a beautiful family and I love learning more and more about you all! I love the name Annalise and how it is a twist on your name, but I bet Levi is happy with the choice you made for him :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers